View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 24th, 2019, 15:47

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [Accepted] Prot/Fury Warrior - the Social Squad 

Character name:
Mugz

Battletag:
Jochum#2913

Race, Class, Level, Artifact Level and Server:
Panda, Warrior, 37
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rmoon/mugz

Talent spec:
Protection/fury

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Total played time:
Around 360+ days
(208 (warr) 42 (mage) 86 (hunter) 25 (rsham) 17 (lock) + misc. abandoned alts)

Time played on current character in current expansion:
1 week on warrior (Mage 2 months - I regret not having levelled my warrior main from the start but was lured in by the legendaries on mage). I like the m+ system and the protection warrior is in a really good shape. The haste mechanics of the Fury spec reminds me of flurry’s haste build-up back in BC.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?[/b
]Back in BC (When you killed Felmyst). I have known the guild ever since I started raiding. In The Great Danes you were a guild that we were inspired by to .

[b]Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?

The guild is legendary, full of history, knowledge, good people, and great players I can learn from and work with, not the least old timers like myself. It would be honor to carry the guild name. Inner Sanctum will get an experienced, stable and die-hard gamer. If not entirely up to speed yet on theory-crafting and gear this tier, consider me an investment for next tier – one that will yield plenty utility and returns to the guild. You will get a versatile player that can swap seamlessly between characters and roles.
Professionally, I can assist you on video communication and marketing – I still dream of making an in-game wow movie 

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
I have been a gamer all my life - since the days of Commodore 64 and Arcade consoles in the 80s (would have had rank1 logs in Ghost’n’Goblins and Shanobi for sure (!)).I have always strived at digging out the max performance from my gear and myself and still do. I am competitive in that sense though I am pretty relaxed with epics (you’ll get them eventually). This means preparing pre-raids on mechanics and developing personal battle plans for max usage out abilities and CDs. During raids I am focused and aware - I might rofl around and tell slap-stick jokes when we gather but when the pull timer is counting down, game-face is on. Post-raids I study the logs to find areas of improvement.
My kids are now old enough to let me have a regular raiding schedule again. Good thing about kids are that they will keep you benched at home. They sleep at around 19.00 CET.

Guild and raid info. Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
I started in Vanilla in pvp’ing before taking up raiding in BC with a guild called Judge on Alonsus. In Wotlk, I transferred to Al’Akir and joined The Great Danes who were the best Danish guild at the time (world#89 on Spine). This was the best days in my wow carrier so far, we raided 5 days a week.
I was in TGD almost 9 years before recruitment became an issue and they tried to migrate but stopped shortly after. Guild-hopped a bit before transferring to Silvermoon to join a day time guild, Meredies - it fit my schedule at that time during Legion. We progressed trough T19 together. Late 2017 I was hospitalized (15 pulls from our Gul’dan Mythic kill) and was unable to return before this January. A week later the guild stopped (!) raiding. Efforts were made to assemble it again (Brilliance) but it doesn’t work for me anymore.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you? Don’t know any. Have whispered a few people about the status of the Fossil Squad.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
10 years on/off from 2007.
(In 2010 I had my first kid, in 2012 the next and 2015 the last. Parental leave have meant time away from top raiding.)

T4: Cleared pre-nerf (Champion of naaru),
T5: Cleared pre-nerf (Hand of a’dal)
T6: Archi and Illidan cleared pre-nerf (The guild imploded halfway into Sunwell)
Numerous ZA timed runs

Changed main to hunter (so check achies on him here)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /pve/raids

T7: Cleared, incl. ‘Undying’
T8: Cleared all hardmodes pre-nerf
T9: Cleared
T10: Cleared, except ICC HC in time. (Parental leave)

Back on warrior and resto shaman

T11: Cleared
T12: Cleared
T13: Cleared normal

Warlock and warrior:

T14: Cleared (AotC)
T15: Cleared (AotC)
T16: Cleared (AotC)

Mage:

T17: Cleared normal
T18: Cleared (Curve)
T19: Nighthold 9/10 mythic Cleared

T20-22: Away
T23: 8/9HC

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum?
I expect an experienced, mature, fun and effective raiding environment, be it with the Fossil Squad or alt/sell/m+ runs.

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rmoon/mugz

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
Don’t have any recent.

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
Vixzen, worgen frost mage, artifact 40;
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... oon/vixzen
- Can play it if needed, but will consider my Warrior as my main from now on:

Muggz, will be my alt healer eventually:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... moon/muggz

Real life info
Name: Simon

Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:
I play football with my kids and with my friends in an ‘old boys’ league. I like cyclo-crossing/gravel-biking in my back country too. I run a communication agency, delivering creative content to large corporations.

While I am not young anymore, I bring experience and thought. Once I have a fight under my skin, I make very, very few errors. I am versatile and can adapt to any class the raid need.

With age I have become much more patient and I'm somewhat relax about clearing content in time. It’s like the joke that Robert Duvall tells Sean Penn in “Colors”:

”There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Let’s walk down and fuck 'em all"”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbUxePfsoWE

March 5th, 2019, 19:23

invited to next Wednesday's raid for trial :)

March 9th, 2019, 19:56

Accepted :)

March 14th, 2019, 22:20
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]