View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2019, 13:51

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [Accepted] Warlock Application 

General info
Character name:
Envydia-Ravencrest
Battletag:
Baam#21942
Race, class, server:
Void elf, Warlock, Ravencrest
Talent spec:
MS: Affliction, OS: Destro/demo

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I’ve been playing on and off since TBC (arena season 3(?) I think, it was those really cool vengeful items, one of the first things I remember) I was 13-14 years old and it’s been a long time.

Time played on current character in current expansion:
44days,22hours and some change

Guild and raid info:
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:

TBC:

I've been playing wow on and off since Tbc, but my raiding experience was quite basic at the time on the almost dead realm Xavius. I didn't really clear much and the first "serious" guild I joined after jumping from one friends guild to another was Destiny Awaits, which promptly disbanded, I trialed and failed for Whatever (still active on Auchindoun), overall I can't say I was particularly competitive as a warlock when I was 14, but I did pug and tank Illidan on the wotlk pre-patch so I can't say I didn't enjoy the game at the time.

Wotlk:

Realm transferred to Ravencrest EU with a guild named Purple pixels and cleared most content on my shaman, healing for Nax and first half of Ulduar and then going Enh. Got my undying title and lost my Immortal one on 20% health KT because a warrior dced. The guild wasn't very competitive, we cleared normal 25man up to and including Lich King and then slowly disbanded and I quit the game.

Cata-MoP:

I was studying and focusing on real life at the time so the wow addiction had subsided for a while so I never even subbed for a couple of weeks just to check the content. My only connection to wow was the trailers for each expansion and that was it.

WoD:

WoD trailer and concept scratched an itch I didn't even know I had over TBC and I was back in the game 3-4 weeks after launch, not having any clue of how the game had evolved or what I was doing back in it.

Boosted a druid and wanted to heal on it but as soon as I joined a guild named F A T A L, it was made clear to me that I could only get a spot as a Balance druid, which no one seemed to want to play at the time (DUH, fuck that pendulum-ass-retarded bar). Cleared 5/7M Highmaul and 7/10M BRF with them, but people lost their drive and after more than 6 full nights of wiping on Maidens a lot of core raiders gave up and I had to move on if I wanted to raid.

I was instantly recruited by BBC NEWS that was trying to poach me for a while, since I was a rare spec. I got my CE on their second rekill that took more effort than I imagined since they had lost a good chunk of their core and it felt like re-progress. I cleared 10/10M BRF and moved on to HFC where I cleared 11/13M. After that, because of real life problems I unfortunately had to quit on the game once again.

Legion:

For reasons I'd rather not get into, I resubbed for 7.3 to catch up with some old friends and to see how the game had evolved after the tragic expansion that WoD was. This time around I was back on my first main, the warlock, which I hadn't played since TBC. I joined Familiar with drama as a social (most of the BBC NEWS core had merged with them at the time, they've split up since then, it was more of a 1 tier deal), and participated in their mythic alt runs (5/11), heroic runs/boosts and did some or most of the advertising for their boost runs. At the time the most enjoyable thing for me was spamming mythic+ (https://raider.io/characters/eu/ravencr ... ason-7.3.0) reaching this score purely from pugging with randoms and barely any mythic gear at the time.

Believing I needed to raid to get more gear I had to join a guild that would recruit me with only 5/11M, so I joined Civitas who at the time was 9/11, killing Aggramar on the reset I joined. A few months of Argus wiping and my desire to log to play anything but the farm raid had depleted.

Civitas had more ambitious plans for bfa launch so I decided to follow them, as well as some of the friends I had made at the time. The core seemed way more promising and by the end of the tier, regardless of a lot of hardships, people quitting etc, they improved their ranking from t21 (640+) to 320 for Uldir.

Even though BoD prep seemed promising and our core was solid, there were a few problems arising a couple of days before release. Mainly with the officer council making odd decisions over tanks and their prep during heroic week being abysmal. After barely two weeks of progress I had decided to start looking for other options since I couldn't handle the situation and I didn't want to go down the road our officers were leading the guild.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, 3 days ago our GM/RL announced that because of RL issues that have preoccupied him for the past 10+ days he's been unable to lead and manage the guild and he couldn't justify playing the game for the time being. As he was the main reason for my attachment to the guild, I was out straight away. But that didn't really matter cause the guild seized to function 1 day later after morale was so low and the rest of the council didn't think they could keep the show going.

TL:DR I like to stay loyal to guilds that give me the opportunity to perform and I never even consider to leave without plenty of cause. I want to feel like every other member of the team is putting similar effort in the game as I do and I don't appreciate it when people half-ass it and waste everyone's time.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?
Used the abysmal recruitment tool filter thing that wowprogress has. How are they unable to introduce a filter for region already. Looking for a guild in EU and having to scroll through every OCE and US guild out there.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?
I want to join a guild that doesn't progress for multiple months while reprogressing farm bosses and can barely cut it down to a 1 day farm raid by the end of the tier. I like to be appreciated for the effort I put in the game and I also appreciate everyone else's time by not wasting it. I feel like this is the question I should try to embellish the most, but it all comes down to me wanting to raid, compete and push myself to my limits. I value my time as much as I value my raid team’s time and I’d never have an issue with being benched over performance or viability of my class (RIP no immunity) in an encounter.

Lastly, I make sure to put in the time regardless of how enjoyable the grind is, as evidenced by my neck level, which I didn’t do over my extreme love for repetitive world quests, assaults and island expeditions.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?

I do not.

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum
Solid progression with focus and a chill environment. People can and should be serious for a few hours per week so that progression can conclude as swiftly as possible so that we can go back to 1 day farm clears for the mounts.
Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Of course.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance).
There is no point to join a mythic raiding guild if you can’t match the schedule to your weekly routine. Unless there’s an emergency, which I haven’t faced one in months, it shouldn’t be a problem to attend all of the raiding nights.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?

It depends on what my grinding obligations are, or how viable my main class (or geared toon) is in mythic plus. I do enjoy spamming keys but currently my non ap farm/raid time online is diminished over the abysmal state of warlock in mythic plus.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?

Patient, consistent, competitive, not easily tilted, hard-working.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?

Elvui, Bigwigs, Weakauras, details, Angry assignments
Please supply a screen shot to your UI:
https://imgur.com/a/LUaebPf
It’s basically the basic ui with elvui frames and a combination of streamer Weakauras. I’m not really much more imaginative than that.
Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... st/envydia
Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4
Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... est/Mendly

I levelled this alt 3 weeks before BoD release and I was not allowed to bring to farm raids or off day raids in my previous guild, so gear wise it’s not ready for mythic progress from the get go. It was more of a side-project for me so that I can have something to play in mythic+ after progression, as warlock seemed sufficient to secure my raiding spot in my previous team.

Real life info
Name: Andy
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:

I enjoy playing other games when wow gives me more time and no Island expedition farm, or progression grind in general. I really wish KH3 release for example wasn’t on Bod release day. Other than that, I enjoy playing league and dota2 (autochess mostly right now), as well as a few other games that keep me occupied between tiers.

Hope the formatting ends up looking ok and thank you for your time and consideration.

February 9th, 2019, 0:35
Raider

Considering app.

February 9th, 2019, 12:06
Officer

Hello Envydia,

We have decided to offer you a trial. Whisper any officer in-game for an invite.

Inner Sanctum Officer Team

February 12th, 2019, 17:49
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]