View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 15th, 2019, 1:41

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 [Accepted] Nvision - Retribution Paladin 

General info
Character name: Nvision
Battletag: Arcs#2318
Race, class, server: Human Paladin, Ravencrest
Talent spec: Retribution

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I've been playing WoW since 2004 with this paladin being my main since October 2007. Haven't rerolled at any point in my history.

Total played time:
429 days played on Paladin and another 131 days across multiple alts.

Time played on current character in current expansion:
65 days.

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:

Before my departure to Ravencrest I was in NHF and Origin, where we stayed our welcome till killing Jaina Mythic. I left NHF to play with my buddy Zirdel (who is applying as well) as we've been raiding together since Cataclysm, albeit he took longer breaks through out the years. Origin's case was a little different as we have been backstabbed by Vivicraft and removed from the guild at the same time having image of us twisted in front of the roster. It's quite an unfortunate experience, but if anyone would like to know more I'm willing to share in private conversation.

At this point, I applied to you through an officer if I remember well but you had Neldarie (I think?) at that time. So me and Zirdel moved to Ravencrest to join Flawless, where we quickly rose in ranks and clocked Azshara mid september as rank 130. At this point, after the kill I was told by one of the officers that I'm cut from the roster because I'm a ret and this requires me to play like a god, backed up by vague arguments about data I have no clue how they quantified (but I will get to that later). Perhaps it's due to a different approach to progression? I can't really tell. After this I decided to take a monthly break, rest and return to raid at level similar to what Flawless offered as I felt really comfortable there.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?
I've known about the guild ever since I was on this realm back in WotLK. I know the roster's likely entirely different but the familiarity remains. As for what does your guild recruit, I check wowprog.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?
As for why, because I want to raid at a competitive level with a stable roster that values efficient progression. Both of us are really tired with this whole ordeal about guild changing and we'd like to settle down in a guild, where we feel good and know that our input is not lost. Inner Sanctum seems like that kind of guild.

Now, why should you accept me. First of all, I'm an extremely committed progression player. Each boss I participate in is heavily analyzed by me through videos, streams and public logs from better guilds. Above I mentioned different approach to raiding than perhaps Flawless. What I mean by this is I think of a fight on a problem solving ground. Does the fight have any pressure points that may be problematic for the group like priority spawns or lethal mechanics? Can I solve that problem myself, perhaps with a certain build and if so, how will that impact me personally and raid as a whole in terms of mechanics or general output. Are there any dps checks, how can the raid distribute cooldowns to ensure tight transitions and that no damage is lost based on logged output. What are win conditions for us to reach next phase. Why do guilds decide to execute this or that tactic and would that work for this specific group. On top of that, I think of the group as a collective, each person bringing something else to the table (especially when comparing different classes). I don't advocate for in-roster competition between different classes because there's only one goal - to kill a boss and no one can do it on his/her own. This I think was the difference in Flawless, while their tactical prep was really, really good, it was reproducing a specific kill vid (e.g. Northern Lights and Azshara) at the same time, comparing people between each other. An example would be them asking me what can I bring to Azshara as Ret, which led to writing a long text about obvious stuff like BoPing beckons, stunning/permaslowing Hulk with Wake/HoJ and providing hard math behind Devoted Adds (I've run through different logs, checked what Narco did on Method's kill and if I have the resources to reproduce it, math out total damage and damage per unit required from me and other raiders to blast devoted before they can sacrifice themselves. By the numbers, it turned out that if I pull at least 330k per each add, totalling to at least 4 mil, this will allow the group to run only 1 additional heavy aoe cooldown for that moment, while the rest of the group needing to do 70k per person to each add, totalling to ~930k damage in aoe (which is a really low amount) thus being able to funnel more single target into Azshara and allow us to skip a set of Beckons in P2. I presented all this to the officers and got in for Azshara prog, later it turned out the napkin was pretty accurate for my own conditions and the issue of devoted adds was solved (which can be seen on the screenshot below).
What I meant to convey is that I put immense out of game preparation for each fight because I know how to go really in depth on logs and I just like to do it. Analyzing shit is my daily work routine so why not apply the skills to the game as well. On top of that, I also theorycraft a metric fuck ton about Ret stuff and then cross run my own shit with people like Skele and other prominent rets from HoW discord.

But the tactical prep isn't the only factor that I would consider as a selling point. Another is emphasis on executing mechanics. Considering myself a prog player, I focus heavily on delivering priority damage through instant target recognition and pooling resources, minmaxing damage per execute actor (example: asking Origin squad to kill Ghuun tentacles on pull evenly together so I can Wake 4 ghuunies at once instead of two, then attacking two separately) or avoiding as much damage taken as possible from all avoidable sources / abusing Ret's repell mechanic on unavoidable damage to push extra SoV damage if it's not necessary for my survival later on or generally working towards highest possible uptime % with FoL/WoG or utility blast if I can't attack. I also consider myself a pretty good LoH sniper as well. I DON'T log whore and never will. I'm long past the age of caring about internet points and will instead put my effort into killing a progression boss rather than cheesing as much as I can for a godlike log, which is why I gladly sit out progression boss if I can see it's a fight extremely unfit for Ret or on farm if there are people who need gear.

Additional word about damage taken as I feel this is neglected by dps so many times. Healers' job is damn fucking hard, especially with how drawn out their gearing is and how more often than not it's trying to cut a healer for the sake of dps for faster pushing. For those reasons, it's extremely important in my eyes to play safe and smart, not recklessly to ease healers. Examplary screen from the night we killed Azshara:

When it comes to damage that has to be taken to the face, I won't hesitate one bit knowing I'm an enduro class, built to take a whooping and sustain myself without once again, pressuring healers like classes such as warriors or dks. An example of orb soaking on Azshara:

Third argument for is the prep I'm always stiriving to put in game as well. Regardless of rl duties, I'll find time to keep my character rolling until all requirements are met such as HoA lvl 65 before Azshara for third essence, having Blood of the Enemy R3 ready, proper gear, consumables etc.

Last but not least, I try to be an easy going dude with whom anyone can chat about fights, logs, game in general or other shit. Sometimes I'm dropping game codes if there's a piniata in my studio and I know I have no use for the game code I got. Final word, I'm a rather...straightforward and blunt person. When asked about opinion, I'll say what I think even if it's harsh, but will try to make it as constructive as possible with reasoning as for why I'm saying shit.

BONUS!:
If you have any Polish speaking folks or don't mind jibberish in this language, here's a video made by me after our Azshara kill. It's a 40 min long in-depth analysis of the fight from a Ret pov to aid my natives who play the spec get into the fight. Explaining essences, talents, which spell to cast when and why. TLDR an extremely detailed overview of how I think Ret can be flexed on Azshara:
https://youtu.be/u4C-9i3d-tA

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?
Sadly, not to my knowledge. Maybe there are people who recognize me as I've spent quite few years on Silvermoon.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
Content mentioned as cleared was done during its prime
WotLK:
Naxx/EoE/OS 25s cleared (notable mention: Sartharion +3, the Undying)
Ulduar cleared (notable: FL, XT, IC, Freya, Hodir and Thorim on Hardmode)
ToC/ToGC 10/25 cleared (notable: Tribute to Mad Skill at 49 tries)
ICC 10/25 cleared (notable: Bane of the Fallen King prime, Azuremyst's #1 Putricide 25HC and Sindragosa 25HC)
RS 25HC cleared (notable: Azuremyst's #1)

Cataclysm:
BWD/TotFW/BoT 10HC cleared
Firelands 7/8HC
DS 10/25HC cleared

MoP:
MGV 10HC cleared, HoF 5/6 10HC, ToES 3/4 10HC (notable: Cutting Edge: Will of the Emperor)
ToT 11/12 25HC (missed Cutting Edge: Lei Shen by 1 day, we had 8% best try)
SoO 10/25HC cleared (notable: Paragons 25HC prenerf, Cutting Edge: Garrosh Hellscream)

WoD:
Highmaul 2/7 Mythic
BRF HC cleared
HFC Mythic cleared (notable: Cutting Edge: Black Gate)

Legion:
EN Mythic cleared (notable: Cutting Edge: Xavius)
ToV 2/3 Mythic (missed Cutting Edge: Helya due to work)
NH 9/10 Mythic (missed Cutting Edge: Guldan by being late 20 min)
ToS 8/9 Mythic
ANT Mythic cleared (notable: Cutting Edge: Argus the Unmaker)

BfA:
Uldir Mythic cleared (notable: Cutting Edge: Ghuun)
BoD Mythic cleared (notable: Cutting Edge: Jaina)
EP Mythic cleared (notable: Cutting Edge: Azshara)

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum:
I expect a friendly atmoshpere where both me and my buddy can feel at home, enjoying the game with like minded people and have fast paced, highly skill progression when the bosses are really challenging.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Yes

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance).
I usually attempt to keep above 95% attendance monthly. There may be some raids where I miss out as we draw closer to CP2077 release and crunch gets high but officers would be informed way in advance if I really can't make it for raid.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?
That depends on the time. If there's a fresh content drop, it may be up or above 10 hours daily. If the tier's cleared and there's absolutely nothing to do I either raid log or play some alts.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
As in the first app, I'd say I'm a grizzled veteran. I've seen my fair of shit in this game throughout the years. I don't easily get triggered or agitated nor do I rage or pump drama but I do expect other raiders to put at least the same amount of effort into the game as I do, considering how stacked my life is. It's not even that much, just the basic prep you'd expect from a player at this prog rank. I like to banter and shit talk as long as it doesn't cause some bad blood. I do have a tendency to call out bullshit when I see one, like in Flawless when the requirement was to hit HoA 65 and one of the shamans openly bitched about not doing it on purpose because he cba. My attitude is "we're in this together, grow up and do your part".

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
DBM, Weakauras, Exorsus Raid Tools, Angry Assignments and Skada. I created my personalized WA Ret cluster to keep track of things important to me.

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:
https://imgur.com/WtvCDVn

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... st/nvision

The only change are Benthic gem boots (which I forgot to equip last night)

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1

Bear in mind those logs are extremely outdated and made with Origin hence I wouldn't consider them optimal in terms of output. Flawless logs are sadly private and they locked us out from accessing them beyond the screenshots I made before it happened.

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /arcvision

Real life info
Name: Matt
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:
I fiddle in Unreal Engine 4, play LoL/HoTS, theorycraft or fuck around high somewhere.

November 19th, 2019, 11:29
Officer

Accepted :) Think i've got you added so PM Bezad ingame for a discord inv etc.

November 20th, 2019, 23:10
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]